- Alexander Moissi. Click on image for a larger size.
- Moissi in the role of Hamlet, Vienna The Popular Theatre, 1922
- Moissi in the role of Fedia from Tolstoi's "The alive cadaver", Berlin
- Alexander in the role of Romeo from "Romeo and Juliet", of Shakespeare,
- A cinema actor, with Camillo Piloto, in "Lorencino de Medici", his last
- Alexander Moissi- Great actor of the European theatre for thirty years (1905-
- Alexander Moissi constitues a unique phenomenon in the history of the
European and world theatre during the period 1905-1035.
- The artist Moissi is distinguished in the German theatre
as the most famous and the most preferred actor of the great theatre director Maks
Reinhard, who is included among the best 300 actors selected from his Ensemble from
Germany and Europe. He held a tour of performances with the theatrical troupe of Reinhard
and 100 other international troupes in different countries of Europe and Southern and
Northern America. Still incomparable remains the case of of the role of Fedia from
"The Alive cadaver" of Leo Tolstoi, interpreted 1400 times by him and watched by
more than one and a half million spectators of the world.
- Being a universal actor, his repertoire of interpretations includes a whole
universe of the European dramaturgy from the ancient tragedicts of Greece to the modern
writers of the XX century. He was the first in Europe to interpret characters from
Strindberg, Tolstoi, Chehov, Pirandello, Hofmanstal, etc.
- The leading roles of Hamlet, Edipuus, Faust, Franc Moor, Osvald, Fedia,
Mishkin, Jederman and many others which have enriched the european and world stage art,
stand out in the gallery of his creations.
- This completed international innovatory actor was distinguished for an original
unimmitated style of interpretation, for a beutiful unique voice, dynamic temperament,
expressive interior and outer strength and for his commintment in the social progress of
all peoples of the world.
Personalities of World culture on the Art of Moissi
- "I found to Alexander the right actor i needed"
- by Max Reinhard- Reformatory of the German stage direction
- "Moissi was the most powerful actor on the stage of Reinhard"
- by Emil Faktor, critic of the German theatre
- "The expression of the spirit of Moissi when he puts is to the service of a
poetical work resembles the playing of the bow on the violin of Stradivar, when a master
- by Gerhard Humptmann, outstanding german playwright
- "Hamlet is written for Moissi and Moissi was born to interpret Hamlet and
only Hamlet, just he alone"
- by Max Brod, writer and close friend of F.Kafka
- "The voice, mimicry and gestures of Moissi presented something unique,
something which has never been seen in the world stage of art."
- by Franc Kafka, writer of genius
- "I salute Alexander Moissi to whom be grateful forever as he is one of
the most brillint interpreters of many of my characters"
- by Luigi Pirandello, writer and winner of Nobel Prize
- "Man of the South, always Man of the South. In order not to be frozen he
takes the sun of his country whenever he goes. Whenever you are with him you'll learn
something new from the essence of the reality of the world"
- by Stephen Zweig, well-known austrian writer
- "Throug the interpretation of the role of Hamlet Moissi won the love of the
- by Andre Antuan, reformist of the French theatre
- "The great people and artists like Moissi belong to the whole world"
- by K. Stanislavsky, reformist of the world stage direction.
- " All the nations are of the same oppinions regarding to the importance of
the name of Alexander Moissi."
- by Asta Nilsen, Danish artist of international fame